Bailey Family May 2016

Bailey Family May 2016
Bailey Family May 2016 - Big Woods

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Happy Birthday!!!

Today is my 33rd birthday and I am so blessed. It was one of the most simple, yet best birthdays I have ever had. Reflecting on the past 6 weeks here at Big Woods I came up with a list of some of the things that we have experienced while in training. We had no idea of all the amazing things God had in store for us and our family. When we said yes we couldn't have imagined how God would transform us. If someone would have asked me do you want:
  • To grow closer to your children?
  • Be more united to your spouse?
  • Die to yourself?
  • Make amazing friends?
  • Witness miracles?
  • Surrender to God like you have never before?
  • SEE God working, HEAR Him speak to you clearly & FEEL His presence?
  • Grow in your faith?
  • Be greatly blessed?
  • Be filled with joy?
  • Grow in a love of scripture?
  • Develop a deeper relationship with Christ?
  • See your children praise & worship the Lord with passion?
  • Pray daily with your family?
  • Grow deeper in personal prayer?
  • Praise the Lord in good times & bad?
  • Be free from the weight of all your material things?
  • Actively LIVE your faith?
I would have said absolutely. He has done this, AND DO MUCH MORE. We are so excited to see what else He has planned for us.

Thank you to all my new missionary friends who made this such a blessed day! And thank you to my husband who made an AMAZING birthday cake with essential oils and from scratch (orange spice cake with cream cheese frosting)! And thank you to my family and friends back home who love me and who I miss so much! And thank you to my parents who gave me life and always made me feel loved. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment