Bailey Family May 2016

Bailey Family May 2016
Bailey Family May 2016 - Big Woods

Monday, November 4, 2013

Cake, cake & more cake!

Lots of Bailey b-days recently! We celebrated Donovan on Nov. 1st and Felicity the next day. Donovan won his birthday cake at the Saint Cake Walk the evening before at Holyween. It was a special birthday cake from a local bakery known for amazing cakes. I didn't get a picture of the cake but here it is (in the big white box) on the cake table at Holyween.


After shaving his head to be St. Dominic for Holyween,



he shaved the rest off. I got a picture of him with the other missionary dads and our director Joseph. The shaved head thing seems to be a trend around here...

Donovan, Travis, Joseph, Dave, Eric
We started Felicity's birthday at our house with a pancake breakfast (the BEST pancakes ever) and she opened her 1 birthday present, (a doll, just like her sisters). She loved it and named it Perpetua. (Get it! Felicity & Perpetua!)

I'm 3!
Felicity had a blast Saturday evening walking around the Big House with her "new" birthday dress & her birthday doll while everyone told her "Happy Birthday Felicity"! She had lots of fun playing train with some of the missionaries. After dinner everyone sang Happy Birthday, May the Good Lord Bless You & For Shes a Jolly Good Missionary and then she blew out her candles on her a birthday spice cake with chocolate frosting & lollipops on top. Click on the link below for a super cute video of her blowing out her candles.





Saturday Brooke asked me if I could make a surprise birthday cake for Mrs. Genie Summers (founder of FMC). I was honored and very excited at the opportunity to make a cake again. I have been making cakes for 3 years and haven't had a lot of opportunities lately. I had so much fun designing and putting this cake together. I used my favorite recipe for cake (Extreme Chocolate Cake) and filled it with white chocolate cream cheese frosting and put chocolate covered pecans around the edge. They all loved it and said it was the best cake they had ever had. That compliment was such a blessing to me!



God surprises me all the time with little gifts like this. I didn't think I would have the opportunity to make a cake while in missions but he presented me an opportunity. I had just what I needed (cake pans,  4 frosting tips, some frosting bags and all the ingredients for the cake in the pantry). The one thing I didn't think I had (a frosting spreader) I had accidentally brought from home.

Thank you Jesus for such a beautiful weekend full of friends, celebration and cake! Thank you for the blessing of our life. Thank you for filling us up with your love, your grace and your mercy. Thank you for new friends and the excitement for missions. Please bless our time here and all our friends and family back home who we miss so much. Please bring them closer to you and help them to see just how much you love them and want to bless them.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend, and the cake looks great! That's my favorite chocolate cake recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete